Based in Westgate
£8.21 Per Hour
Our client, a specialist national charity based in Westgate, is looking to recruit part-time Support Workers to join their existing team.
Working 16 hours per week, 2 different shift patterns (including weekends). 7.30am - 3pm or 2.30pm - 10pm. This will include some sleep-ins.
If you are looking for a role that's rewarding and believe you could make a difference, then this role is ideal for you!
As a successful Support Worker, you will:
* Supporting young adults with hearing impairments and other behavioural issues.
* Work with the staff team to develop and maintain the potential of the people using our services
* Encourage the people who use our services to be involved in the running of their own home
* Support people in using community facilities and promote a variety of social and leisure activities
* Support people with their health needs
* Encourage choice and participation for the people who use our services whilst adhering to the values of the organisation
Skills you will need:
* CACDP Level 1 or a willingness to learn British Sign Language skills desirable
* NVQ/Diploma Level 3 in Care or equivalent (or the ability /commitment to work towards achieving it within 12 months)
* Able to work flexibly to meet needs of the people we support (e.g. do sleep-ins and work within a changing shift rota system)
* Willingness to take the people we support on holidays if required and drive the company vehicle (if in receipt of a full/clean driving licence)
About Morgan Jones:
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To view other great opportunities, visit our website or follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.