Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager and working as part of a dynamic marketing communications team, the primary focus of this role to take responsibility for the James Villas brand, campaign implementation; delivery and execution of marketing activities. To deliver integrated strategies to meet and exceed our business objectives: improved communication and personalisation to the customer, and ultimately increased sales.
Support the company’s strategic and tactical campaign process:
• To continuously develop and assist with the implementation of the brand, as part of the wider brand strategy, whilst delivering the companies commercial objectives.
• Become a brand point of contact for company employees and agency relations.
• Work alongside different departments to support the implementation of campaigns and promotions, clearly communicating these plans to the marketing team and wider business.
• Report against key business metrics (as agreed in KPI documents).
• Co-ordinate and support the direct mail campaigns, including the planning, research, production and editing of the brochure and magazine.
• Co-ordinate and support PR campaigns to support the brand and customer acquisition.
• Work with partners and press to support brand awareness and customer acquisition.
1. KEY TASKS/RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Writing and proofreading copy for all marketing collateral, including brochure, magazine, letters, emails and web.
• Content production and brand guidance for the wider marketing team, including online channels such as social media, blog and web.
• Writing and distributing press releases in line with company updates and identifying PR opportunities
• Working with the Marketing Communications Manager and media agencies in media selection (particularly press, PR, SEO, radio and TV) and identifying other opportunities.
• Providing support through the briefing and approval processes within the campaign cycle to ensure delivery on time and to budget.
• Working closely with Digital Marketing Manager, Web Manager, Studio team and other business stakeholders to meet key objectives expected of the marketing team and wider business.
• Summarise, analyse and present results, using the findings to feed back into strategy formulation.
• Maintain, report on and interrogate marketing KPIs, communicating to the Marketing Communications Manager.
• Research competitor activity and reporting on findings, gap analysis, etc.
• Day to day duties and ad-hoc marketing requests.
Administration Monitoring Marketing email inbox
Monitoring Marketing calls and voicemail
Monitoring PR email inbox and calls
Responding to Ad Hoc journalist requests
Maintaining Marketing and PR telephone numbers log
Promotions Overseeing the setup of promotions across marketing channels
Managing the asset creation and branding of promotional materials
Working with commercial and IT teams on requests for promotions
PR Writing and distributing press releases
Identifying PR opportunities and features
Working with journalists to organise trips
Competitions/Partnership Marketing Working with partners to set up and manage brand competitions
Liaising with winners and partners
Liaising with partners to create on brand content to support customer acquisition
Working with the Sales Supervisors and Accounts to reconcile
Following up on outstanding prizes that haven’t been taken
Keeping the competition log up to date
Acquire data gathered through competitions and communicate appropriately
Campaign admin and wider team liaison
Collation of campaign collateral
Brand champion for campaign consistency across all channels
Brochures/Direct Mail Content research, production and proofing
Creation of briefs for marketing materials
Brochure/DM returns and removals
Liaising with design and email team to prepare email communications
Seeing through email design and build on brand emails
Monitoring of email communication trends
• Line Management
• Marketing Team
• Wider organisation • Direct to consumer through activity
• Agency relationships
3. PERSONAL SPECIFICATION
A proactive, quick thinking individual with exceptional communication skills and marketing understanding.
• Marketing/Communications/PR related college modules/subjects
• Degree educated (ideally within marketing or English) or relevant CIM or IDM qualification
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Extensive and proven experience in delivering successful marketing / PR campaigns
• Strong commercial focus and customer marketing experience
• Self-confidence to sell ideas, brief agencies, be proactive with communications and liaise with the marketing team
• Strong organisational skills
• Can deliver quality results in a fast-paced environment, whilst working to strict deadlines and prioritising work
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, particularly Microsoft Excel
• Energy and enthusiasm • Knowledge of delivering successful Public Relations strategies
• Knowledge of the overlap with digital and offline marketing strategies
• Experience in the travel industry
RELEVANT CAREER HISTORY/EXPERIENCE NECESSARY TO FULFILL THE JOB ROLE
• Experience within a similar role
• Focus on both ATL and BTL • Tour Operation or travel experience
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At James Villa Holidays we aim to create a workforce that is representative of our society, knowing that embracing differences enhances the capabilities of our business and makes for a happy place to work. We are proud to recognise and celebrate that we have a diverse culture where employees are accepted for who they are, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or ability.