The Best Connection Employment Group are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Supervisor to begin working with one of our clients based in the Paddock Wood, Kent area.
As a Warehouse Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
- Providing a safe working environment and adhering to Heath, Safety and Environmental procedures at all times
- Ensuring that the team understand and practice Health, Safety & Environmental procedures at all times
- Discover training needs to ensure all operatives are trained in line with the companies operating procedures
- Supervise and manage order picking, goods in & goods out operations
- Ensure accuracy is at a maximum with minimum handling and stock damage
- Quantify and report the effectiveness of warehousing operations and employees performance
- Ensuring equipment has all relevant checks made and records maintained
- Assisting management by logging KPI productivity
- Having a proactive approach in seeking out continuous improvements
- Ensuring warehouse charges are captured and processed via the WMS
- Ensuring company policies are complied with and all functions completed within the deadlines
- Maintaining accurate records in line with both the customers and companies requirements
- Promoting a consistent and effective working relationship both internally and externally
- Providing excellent customer service through a combination of communication, teamwork, motivation and leadership
Candidates will have a proven track record of successful leadership skills as well as having a keen eye for detail to promote and improve the effectiveness of warehouse operations.
Experience within the Fresh Produce industry is essential, as well as holding a Forklift Counterbalance licence.
Successful candidates must also show:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great and confident communication skills
- The ability to easily build rapport with other colleagues and to liaise confidentiality at all levels
- Good numeracy and literacy
- A proactive approach to decision making
- The ability to effectively handle difficult situations
- A calm approach to working under pressure
- A good level of PC skills
- A good level of knowledge with legal compliance
- Proven experience within a fast paced logistics environment
- Positive and flexible reactions to the changing needs in the overall working environment and individual role
You will be expected to commit to working from Sunday to Thursday, from 12:00 - 21:00. Dependent on workload, you may be required to work additional hours on the rare occasion.
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- Opportunities to progress
- 20 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays
- Future training and development opportunities
If you are interested in the role or have any further questions, please contact OIlie or Luke on 01622 664 999. Alternatively, please reply to this advert with your CV.