City of London
About the Company:
A leading Reinsurance Lloyds broker who deliver solutions through its highly specialised product knowledge with reinsurance markets around the world.
We are currently seeking experienced (senior) Insurance or Reinsurance professionals to work as part of a dedicated team of Binder Reinsurance Technicians Covering Binders, or alternatively excess of loss and pro rata business, facultative' - ideally binders, but other experience would be considered.
The role is end to end and encompasses, premium, claim processing, with full fiduciary responsibility.
Essential Job Responsibilities
* Manage an assigned client portfolio, taking full responsibility of technical duties relating to client accounts, premiums and claims. Also covering excess of loss and pro rata business or alternatively binder and facultative risks types.
* Assess and submit client and/or reinsurer presentation materials and communications
* Work with Market Fiduciary to assist with collection of funds
* Manage all brokerage receivables, funding, retention, e-trading, post booking receipt, ad hoc reporting requests, payment of funds and all management and transactional process steps
* Promote, build and maintain relationships with Brokers, Clients and Markets. Understand issues, resolve problems and queries and review working practices
* Participate in team meetings and activities to share opinions, ideas, knowledge and solutions
Skills & Qualifications
* Experience of working within a technical capacity for a Broker and/or Underwriter, either within the Insurance or Reinsurance sectors
* Successful management of workload; with an ability to manage expectations of all clients and stakeholders
* Able to engage, influence and negotiate with clients, market contacts and colleagues in a professional manner
* Strong communication and negotiation skills, both written and verbal
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.