Objectives / Role Profile:
Working as part of a busy and dynamic customer support team, the role will require you to provide 1st line support for our industry leading software platforms. You will receive and respond to customer enquiries, faults and change requests from an established client base including some of the UK’s largest telecommunications brands, administering and resolving cases logged via our internal case management platform.
The Software Support Administrator should be a confident customer-focused individual capable of solving support cases via telephone, email and collaboration software in addition to troubleshooting issues and highlighting fixes that will be referred to Tier 2 & 3 Software Support Engineers.
You should expect to be given responsibility early on and will be fully supported by an experienced, friendly and knowledgeable team. You should have an enthusiastic and flexible approach to the role, with the ability to work under your own initiative and as part of a team. This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone technically minded who thrives on problem solving whilst providing first class customer service and who is looking to learn new software skills that will develop and further their career.
Core Responsibilities include:
• Receiving and accurately categorising enquiries, faults and change requests on our internal case management platform
• Providing first point of contact for customer support enquiries via phone, email and eChat
• Delivering an exceptional customer service experience by ensuring that cases are responded to in a professional manner and in accordance with agreed SLAs
• Performing initial resolution of non-complex enquiries including creating and updating users, re-setting passwords and maintaining customer records
• Providing user training and advice via phone, email and collaboration software
• Troubleshooting support cases and diagnosing problems requiring software support engineer involvement
• Identifying trends in support cases and making recommendations on how to proactively reduce avoidable incidents
• Monitoring cases to ensure senior staff are informed about issues before they escalate
• Responding to and keeping internal support cases up to date with progress
• Learning how to support new technologies and solutions as they are developed
• Working closely with members of the team from 1st through to 3rd line support
• Proportional contribution towards team KPI’s and objectives
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
• Proven experience in a customer support role, including telephony-based customer service experience
• Strong communication skills and ability to engage with people possessing various degrees of technical understanding
• Self-motivated and driven, with the ability to multitask and respond well under pressure
• Ability to manage time and prioritise work effectively
• Excellent IT skills a technical mind or interest
• A background in the telecommunications sector is desirable and a sound understanding of the mobile & fixed line telecommunications industry would be a distinct advantage
• Knowledge of ebXML architecture and SQL database language would be advantageous but not essential as training will be given to the right candidate
Why join Aurora?
Aurora is one of the most trusted and long established successful billing software companies in the UK, with head offices based in Medway. The Aurora brand is owned by Daisy Communications, one of the UK’s largest business communications and IT service providers, with head offices based in London and other offices spread throughout the UK.
We develop Affinity, one of the best-in-class billing software platforms and boast well known telecoms and communication brands as loyal customers. We are also partners with two of the UK’s biggest mobile networks Vodafone and 02.
Aurora has a raft of unique products that set us apart from our competitors and our revenue has trebled in the last three years. Aurora is one of the most trusted billing platforms in the reseller communication industry.
Our investment in you
One of our key principles as a business is ‘making Aurora a great place to work’ and that underpins everything we do. Every team member is empowered to make change and provide feedback on how the company works. We currently have a number of successful initiatives promoted by our employees that are having a significant positive impact.
Financially, we offer an extensive and competitive flexible benefit package which includes being able to buy extra holiday, insure other family members and provide holiday loans.
The future of Aurora, why this is the place to be
We have a clear three year plan to improve and enhance our software to keep it at the cutting edge of the industry and we are pushing the adoption of new technologies across the business. Our plans for new software functionality make us more attractive to new markets, opening up massive growth opportunities.
Aurora is already growing quickly and new opportunities for progression are evolving all the time. Our recent acquisition by Daisy group gives us access to a bigger pool of resources, additional service offerings and investment.