This represents a great opportunity for you to join an ambitious firm of Accountants & Business Advisors and become their team tax specialist. The firm is now looking to recruit a Tax Senior/ Tax Manager to enhance the team and provide specialist knowledge and support to clients. This is a permanent position and full or part-time working (3 days a week) would be considered.
You should be CTA qualified, or studying for this professional tax qualification. Additional tax and accountancy qualifications will be valuable. Overall, you should have a real interest in how the tax system works, be proactive in helping your commercial and private clients and be able to explain often complex matters in a straightforward way.
This Tax Senior/ Tax Manager role will have a portfolio of 200+ clients. You will be looking after your clients for referral meetings, onboarding, regular contact, completing compliance work and invoicing. In addition to the portfolio, you will be responsible for providing specialist support to the firm’s accounts staff with taxation queries, and for providing taxation advice throughout the firm’s full client base.
Specifically, the role will involve
• Preparation of Tax Returns and relevant Income Tax computations for a portfolio of clients
• Personal Tax planning reviews for clients including tax efficient strategies for Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax
• Advising companies who are considering using EIS or SEIS for their business
• Dealing with HMRC enquiry checks into past Tax Returns and advising clients
• Inheritance Tax calculations and recommendations for clients over the Nil Rate Band
• Capital Gains Tax computations for clients with various assets disposals
• Preparation of simple sole trader and rental profit and loss accounts
• Review of landlord’s property portfolios with the view to incorporation and the tax implications for Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax, and Stamp Duty Land Tax
• Completion of forms P11D for all relevant clients
• Meetings with contacts and introducers together with networking events to grow the client base for business
The firm works from offices on the edge of Canterbury offers free on-site parking and a highly collaborative work environment.
If the position is part-time, the salary offered will be pro-rata.
Since 2012, Kent Recruitment has been developing great working relationships with our customers and candidates by helping them to achieve their goals. We work successfully in the Accountancy, Financial, IT and Business Support sectors in Kent and the South East.
If your CV shows suitable experience, we will contact you to discuss the position in more depth. If suitable experience is not shown, we will inform you of this and comply with data protection requirements your CV and personal information will be deleted from our systems. We never pass on or sell your personal data.
Kent Recruitment Bureau Ltd acts as an agency for permanent and contract recruitment.