TIG Welder / Fabricator - Sheet Metal & Architectural
• Faversham, Kent
• £27,000 to £45,000
The sheet metal working arm of this group has a new opportunity for a skilled sheet metal fabricator.
They specialise in non-ferrous as well as ferrous fabrication, crossing a wide range of sectors from food processing, power generation, agricultural, construction, heavy industrial and marine to high & low volume sheet metal work, precision engineering & retail.
The right candidate will have comprehensive experience of sheet metal working & general fabrication particularly aluminium & stainless TIG & MIG.
• Operate guillotine, brake press, welding sets, oxygen acetylene, plasma cutter, slip rolls, section rolls, drilling & polishing, shrinking & stretching equipment & fork lift truck.
• Work off site when required at customer / site locations.
• Assist with breakdowns to get production equipment repaired & back into service at short notice.
• Have the ability to fabricate a job from survey to sign off
• Able to work out sheet metal cut sizes from part drawings.
• Able to read & work from engineering drawings.
• Capable of working on own initiative to produce good quality work as instructed.
• Produce good quality stainless & aluminium TIG & MIG
• Be confident setting press brake tooling.
• Familiar with on site working practices: construction / general industrial / marine
• Have own driving license, own transport & ability to work well within a team
• All breaks paid.
• Work for a company where hard work is rewarded at a personal level.
• 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Company pension
• Ongoing training with career progression opportunities