This is an opportunity to undertake an interesting and varied role with the School of Politics and International Relations administrative function, as part of the student administration team, under the direction of the Student Experience Manager. The successful candidate will oversee the School’s taught programmes (undergraduate and postgraduate taught), taking responsibility for the activities and administrative processes related to these programmes. You will work in a busy office and be expected to deal politely and efficiently with enquiries from students, staff and visitors to the School, to ensure all receive the best experience possible.
As Taught Programmes Administrator you will:
- act as the point of contact for all students and visitors to the School
- ensure that all day to day administrative processes relating to undergraduate programmes are undertaken efficiently and effectively
- effectively administer all postgraduate taught programmes within the School
To be successful in the role you will have/be:
- educated to GCSE English or maths or equivalent
- experience of working in a clerical role
- experience of using and/or maintaining databases
- experience of using initiative to problem solve or improve process efficiency
This is a part-time (17.5 hours per week) post, fixed-term until 31/10/20.
The School of Politics and International Relations was one of the four founding disciplines in the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Kent and has always been strong in staff and student numbers. We combine high quality teaching with cutting-edge research in a supportive environment that welcomes students from all over the world to undertake our undergraduate, postgraduate taught and research programmes. We have experts in all of the main areas of the discipline of Politics including: Comparative Politics, European Studies, International Relations, Political Theory, International Political Economy, Human Rights and Public Policy. We pride ourselves on our global outlook which is reflected in the wide range of international partnerships and the fact that we have a Specialist Postgraduate Centre in Brussels.
Closing date for applications: 5 February 2020
Please see the links below to view the full job description and also to apply for this post. If you require further information regarding the application process please contact The Resourcing Team on [email protected] quoting ref number: SS-149-19-R