Salary: Kent Range Band 8/9: £25,238 to £32,917 (depending on qualifications & experience, pro rata to weeks worked)
Hours: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday, Term Time only
Oakley School is the district Special School for day pupils, aged from 2 to 19 years all of whom have severe and/or complex needs, with communication and learning difficulties.
Our Mission: Children and Young People at the heart of all we do.
Our Ethos: Work Hard, Be Kind, Have Fun, Stay Safe
We are seeking a highly efficient and enthusiastic Finance Manager, to join our friendly, positive and forward-looking Administration team, based at our Tunbridge Wells site.
Responsibilities of the postholder will include:-
• Managing the day to day running of the school’s finances: banking, invoices, monthly VAT returns, quarterly reconciliation and monitoring statements, with the support of the School Finance & HR Administrator,
• Monitoring the school’s cash flow,
• Preparing and monitoring the annual budget,
• Preparing and presenting financial papers and reports for Governors’ meetings,
• Preparing for all financial audits and compliance visits,
• Identifying and bidding for additional grants and funding,
• Ensuring all contracts and service agreements provide best value for money.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in an education setting, with strong administration and organisational skills and an eye for detail. Qualified to Level 3 (A Levels or equivalent), the successful candidate will have relevant experience of working in a financial or similar role. Strong IT skills are essential and experience of SIMS/FMS and BPS would be an advantage, although training will be provided.
Closing date is 12noon on Wednesday, 5th February. Interviews will be held on Tuesday, 11th February.
If you are interested in this role please look at our website for further information and how to apply: www.oakleyschool.co.uk or email [email protected] Please note that we are unable to accept CVs.
Oakley School is committed to safeguarding children and young people, a commitment we expect all staff to share and uphold.