CAFE MANAGER at BAT & BALL STATION
Key Responsibilities and Objectives
To manage the café and optimise profit, whilst retaining high quality customer care and community ethos.
The success of the new Café at Bat & Ball Station is dependent on the effectiveness of the management. The whole operation must present a friendly and welcoming environment in which customers and volunteers alike feel comfortable, enjoying excellent service. Whilst receiving guidance from the Town Clerk and Councillors, the successful development of the Café will depend to a large extent on the imagination, initiative and energy of the Manager and the interaction with other events being arranged within the building. A combination of flexibility, enthusiasm, innovation, and sound organisational skills is essential.
This job description is not exhaustive and is liable to review following discussion with the job holder and the development of the Café.
1. To develop and manage relationships with customers, staff and suppliers.
2. To train and manage café staff.
3. To manage all aspects of the daily running of the café including menu and food preparation, restocking, ordering and delivery of goods.
4. Working to budgets to ensure maximum profitability.
5. Providing requested reports and statistics and liaison with the Finance Department as necessary.
6. Maintenance of appropriate records.
7. To be fully compliant with current regulations relating to Health and Safety at Work, Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations, Fire Fighting equipment and precautions, restriction on the sale of Alcohol and relevant parts of the Shop Act.
8. Cashing up till at the end of session
9. Wear appropriate uniform
10. To act as a responsible adult and work and approachable manner at all times
11. Acting as a priority key holder for the Café
12. To carry out any further reasonable tasks identified by the Town Clerk.
Outline Terms and Conditions
• 37 hours per week as per opening time of venue
• 21 days annual leave (pro rata)
• £19,000 per annum pro rata
EMAIL: CV via the apply online button, details also on Sevenoaks Town Council website www.sevenoakstown.gov.uk