We are a rapidly expanding Systems Integrator (SI) working with global organisations. We are an accredited SI partner, working with Unit4 UK and are considering our opportunities to grow our business overseas partnering with other Unit4 subsidiaries globally.We have a growing number of accounts across Public Sector, Professional Services, Not for Profit and Higher Education organisations. Due to our continued growth and expansion, we are seeking to add to our Sales team.This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive and ambitious organisation. Our UK Head Quarters are based in Kent and we have further offices in Bristol. We are looking for passionate Sales & Bid Support Senior Administrator to work with us based in our Head Office in Kent.
Main purpose of role:
It will be the role of the Sales & Bid Support Officer to prepare and submit high-quality, professional bids that have the potential to win new business. You will work collaboratively with the Business Development Director to assist in (and when required take individual responsibility for) successfully completing PQQs, RFQs, ITTs, tender submissions, proposals and bids, producing quality submissions which maximise the success of the bids and the Company’s bid:win ratio.
As part of this process, you will need to liaise with various stakeholders, undertaking research, identifying budgets, accurately assessing costs and building costing models; this will be done in conjunction with your team members, using knowledge sharing to ensure correct interpretation of requirements and accurate forecast of costs and revenue. Likewise within this process, the post holder will need to liaise with the Professional Services Director and other operational delivery team members to ensure that, if won, Embridge’s operational delivery will be able to maintain, and where possible exceed, the Company’s required operating profit levels.
We would expect the Sales & Bid Support Officer to be able to assist in the identification and understanding of the needs and requirements of the purchaser, working collaboratively with the BDD, Business Development Executives and Consultants to accurately interpret needs and wants, from which the Sales & Bid Support Officer will be able to write and submit a fluid, cohesive, easily understood tender / bid submission matching the purchaser’s requirements in a professional, comprehensive manner.
The Sales & Bid Support Officer will also be asked to assist in building the repository of documentation, templates and the like which form the Sales Library; this will require someone with the ability to write and contribute collateral, thinking creatively in approaches to any new documentation.
The Sales & Bid Support Officer will also be required to proof read and format documentation produced by colleagues in order to ensure consistent, high quality documents are being produced and issued.
a) Responsible to: Business Development Director (‘BDD’)
b) Responsible for: N/A
c) Liaison with: CEO, Senior Management team, Other Sales & Marketing staff, Internal Department and Division Staff across all levels of the business, external company representatives, client contacts, suppliers and partners of the business
Main Tasks of the Role:
The Sales & Bid Support Officer will be responsible for ensuring high quality, competitive proposals are delivered on time. They will develop presentations and tender submissions with an excellent eye for detail, creative thinking and the ability to formulate cost to profit models for each proposal, maintaining the Company’s set margins as per the yearly budgets. The Sales & Bid Support Officer will manage the various online tendering platforms utilised by the Company, as well as contributing towards the ongoing bid strategy of the Company under the direction and in collaboration with the BDD.
The ability to create clear, accurate and compelling sales documentation and collateral is an essential part of this role.
The Sales & Bid Support Officer will make an essential contribution to the Company’s business objectives by writing and managing tenders, proposals and the like, to new and existing customers. This will involve all aspects of the sale from presales through to closing the sale and operational handover. This role will need an individual that is a self-starter, motivated and driven. The ability to work productively on both their own initiative and by working collaboratively when required is an essential quality of the post holder.
The Company’s Marketing function will also support the successful candidate with a very successful lead generation and nurturing process.
Being commercially aware, creative and organised, with excellent attention to detail and high-level composition skills are required in this role.
1. The Sales & Bid Support Officer will focus on the needs and requirements of the purchaser to create high-quality, professional bid / tender / proposal returns. The post holder will manage end-to-end the bid / tender process for each opportunity identified and assigned to them, including the operational handover once won.
2. The post holder will have overall responsibility for the quality of all aspects of the bid, including supporting documentation, ensuring submissions are clear, accurate, relevant, concise and compelling.
3. The post holder will need to collect Company data and/or conduct internal and external research as appropriate for opportunity response documents, maintaining good relationships with customers, suppliers, partners, Associates and internal staff members in order to be able to seek out and assimilate the relevant knowledge and material needed to create professional, winning submissions.
4. Work with our Marketing team to ensure a regular supply of qualified leads are produced and followed up and at times make appointments for the sales team.
5. Be an active team player both on the Sales team and throughout the Company to help meet Company objectives.
6. Develop central pool of repeatable resources that can be used throughout the sales cycle.
7. Ensure smooth transition from sales into delivery by supporting the Professional Services Director and delivery teams to mobilise the staff needed to support ongoing delivery in line with the proposal / bid / tender submitted and the purchaser’s stated requirements.
8. Any other ad hoc tasks as reasonably required by the BDD.
Knowledge and Experience:
A minimum of 5 years B2B sales experience, ideally with at least 3 years within the ERP market.
Demonstrable ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting deadlines and achieving the desired outcomes.
Strong and broad practical knowledge of ERP Software is desirable.
An advanced level of ICT literacy, including but not limited to MS Office software and networks. Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential. Photoshop is desirable.
Precise and accurate attention to detail, composition, design and proof-reading skills.
Creative and able to use initiative.
Ability to prepare and present professional grade proposals.
Knowledge of ERP market (advantageous).
Good numeracy and commercial awareness.
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Creative talents and the ability to solve complex problems.
The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
Skill in prioritising obligations.
Excellent time management and organisation.