A great opportunity has arisen for a secretary to join our Private Client team based at our offices in Maidstone, Kent.
Brachers is a leading law firm of choice in the South East, which prides itself on delivering quality and value to clients through continuous innovation, robust management practice and a commitment to excellence.
If you are a self-motivated person who is able to demonstrate a positive attitude towards your work and enjoy working as part of a team to achieve goals, this may be the right role for you. To be successful in the role you will be able to manage your daily workload effectively to ensure you are supporting the fee earners in their delivery of excellent client service. As part of this you will be able to consistently follow procedure and have a keen eye for detail to ensure a high standard of work is delivered. You will be confident in the use of a case management system, Microsoft Office applications and digital dictation. Finally you will often be first point of contact for clients therefore you must be able to demonstrate great communication skills where on the telephone or face to face.
Whilst we are looking for an experienced secretary if a candidate has the right attitude and temperament we would also be very happy to consider secretarial candidates with less experience.
The responsibilities of this role include:-
• Preparing correspondence and other written communications, word processing and typing from manuscript or audio dictation
• Ensuring all files are kept up-to-date and that filing is done regularly
• Undertaking file opening and closing activities
• Ensuring regular archiving of files
• Liaising with clients in person, by telephone and e-mail including taking messages
• Arranging appointments and booking rooms for meetings
• Maintaining accurate, individual time records using CMS in accordance with the firm’s procedures
• Attending team, partnership and training meetings as required
• Assisting with holiday cover both within the team and, if necessary, to other teams and departments
• Assisting and support all members of the team
• Undertaking any other reasonable tasks, duties or requests as and when required by the team or the wider partnership
What we are looking for:
• An enthusiastic individual with strong secretarial skills, ideally with experience within the Private Client legal environment although this is not an absolute requirement.
• Someone who can demonstrate they are a team player who is willing to be flexible to meet the needs of this highly successful team.
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and take the initiative when required
• Previous experience in using a case management system and digital dictation
• Strong numeracy and the ability to understand financial ledgers
• An appreciation of the need for discretion and confidentiality
• Excellent communication skills
In return we can offer an excellent reward package, including a competitive salary along with the opportunity to participate in our discretionary annual bonus scheme. In addition to this the business offers you further benefits such as pension, up to 26 days annual holiday, life assurance, private medical insurance, income replacement scheme, Perkbox staff discounts, social events and much more.
If you feel you have the experience and skills we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please send your CV together with a covering e-mail detailing your salary expectations and current notice period to [email protected] by close of business on Friday 31 January 2020.
Please note that we are not currently accepting CV’s from recruitment agencies.
To be considered for this role you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.