The Service Desk Institute
The Service Desk Institute (SDI) is one of the most recognised membership organisations within the IT Service Management space. SDI’s head office is based in Orpington, Kent. Alongside membership, SDI has been providing conferences, events, training, consultancy, and much more to some of the best service desks around the globe for over 30 years. Due to growth and continued success, we are looking for a New Business Sales Executive to join our dynamic sales team.
The main purpose of the role is to follow up and qualify warm leads to generate opportunities for potential new members.
• Make outbound calls to new prospective customers ensuring that the CRM system is kept up to date
• Understand prospective customers needs in order to sell a variety of products like membership, training, consultancy, conferences and events to senior ITSM professionals
• Meet monthly and annual sales targets
• Deliver an excellent customer experience
What do you need to be successful?
• Self-motivated and a team player
• Excellent questioning, qualification and closing skills
• Confidence and tenacity to pursue leads and overcome objections
• Strong influencing, communication and interpersonal skills
• To be able to build lasting relationships with a variety of stakeholders
• Proven track record of hitting and overachieving sales targets
• IT literate including Office 365
• At least 2 years previous experience in a telesales or similar role
• Knowledge of the IT industry is an advantage but not essential
Salary and benefits
• Competitive salary up to £27k (dependent on experience)
• 22 days holiday + bank holidays + birthday off + 'duvet' day at Christmas
• 9am - 5pm with a flexible working scheme after probation
• 4pm finish on a Friday
• A fantastic team environment