Service Delivery Engineer – Education
Rochester & Sittingbourne
Up to £28k basic + Benefits Package + Overtime depending on skill set and experience.
Rochester / Sittingbourne, Kent: This role is client based for 3 days per week (School hours) in Rochester and 2 days per week (08:00am to 18:00pm) at our Head Office in Sittingbourne.
This is an exciting opportunity for an IT professional with MS Server, Desktop, Active Directory and Networking skills to join a fantastic company promoting unique solutions and a hands-on approach.
As a Service Delivery Engineer, you will be providing a mixture of 1st/2nd/3rd line services while on the customer’s site and remote desk/support when at our HQ, also providing field support and the installation of IT projects and managed services.
This role is client based for 3 days per week (School hours) in Rochester and 2 days per week (08:00am to 18:00pm) at our Head Office in Sittingbourne.
Reporting to the Service Operations Manager, you will work closely with other service engineers in the Infrastructure and Service Delivery Teams.
To be considered for this opportunity you must possess:
• Excellent technical and communication skills
• A can-do attitude with strong customer services skills
• A calm and patient manner whilst working under pressure
• Previous experience working in a service support role within a school
• A Microsoft Server MCP Exam would be preferred
You must be able to demonstrate proven abilities in the support and installation of a wide variety of IT solutions and technologies and have direct experience in a school for a minimum of 3 years.
It is also essential to have a working knowledge and practical experience of the following:
• Microsoft Desktop and Office Systems
• Microsoft Server and Virtualisation Technologies
• Active Directory Security and Administration, GPO
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
• Support of hardware, printers, desktops and servers
• Email, Antivirus and Backup software
• Networking knowledge regarding WAN, LAN, VLAN, VPN, WLAN, layer 2/3 switching, Firewalls and routers
• Mobile devices/phones
The Service Delivery Engineer role may require extended or unsocial hours occasionally. There is the potential to augment the basic salary with overtime payments. The role may involve some manual handling from time to time including the movement of servers, hardware and racking of equipment.