We are currently looking for a number of experienced maintenance engineers across our Rice and Foods sites based on the Medway City Estate working a rotating shift pattern of combined day and night shifts.
To be an effective member of the maintenance team and to support the running of the factory by resolving breakdowns and by delivering planned maintenance, whilst ensuring work is carried out to the highest possible standard.
• Responsible for reactive and proactive maintenance work; including breakdowns and planned maintenance to the packaging machinery
• Attend breakdowns and keep machinery down-time to a minimum
• Drive and initiate continuous improvement across the factory to enhance quality, efficiency, performance, safety and waste reduction
• Responsible for completion of PPM tasks and daily checks in a timely manner
• Work with our CMMS system, work orders and spares etc
• Help and assist in the training of others and identify own training needs
• Ensure all work carried out adheres to the Company’s food standard practices
• Ensure all work undertaken is completed adhering to the Company’s Hygiene Code of Practice and Health and Safety requirements
• Make sure all work carried out is legally compliant with Health and Safety standards
• Maintaining tools and equipment to a safe working condition
• Develop and maintain good working relationship with the Operations Manager
• Provide support to other engineering teams as required
• Carry out and other reasonable duties associated with the role or projects assigned to meet the overall objectives of the role
Key Skills and Experience required:
• Previous experience of complex production line machinery in the food industry, mechanical handling, electrical control, Utilities and building fabric
• Strong knowledge of mechanical process machinery, bearings, pneumatics, electrical control systems, process control, fault diagnosis and safety
• Ability to follow instructions and use own initiative and to work unsupervised
• Excellent health and safety awareness
• Experienced in breakdowns and planned maintenance
• Experienced in completing routine checks and identifying preventative measures
• Competent in report writing
• Good organisational and multi-tasking skills.
• Computer literate and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Ability to use a CMMS system
• Be self-motivated and able to work both individually or as part of a large team
• Willingness to work flexibly as part of a rotating shift system.
• Practical attitude; logical and flexible approach to working