Working for a leading Kent Legal firm, this is a busy role reporting to the Partner/Head of Department. Candidates must have previous legal secretarial experience, preferably in Family Law but this is not essential. They must be an extremely organised and efficient person capable of using their initiative. This is a maternity cover position, initially approximately 9 months but it is very possible that this position may become permanent.
• Providing full secretarial support to the partner, including arranging appointments, dealing with client queries in person and by phone, together with preparation of correspondence and documents by audio typing via the digital dictation system
• Filing, photocopying and opening/closing client files in a timely manner
• Regular consideration of client files and liaising with partner and fee earners on any action required
• Maintaining and coordinating diaries and diary notes and reporting on these as necessary
• Working as a member of the secretarial team; answering incoming calls, greeting visitors to Reception on occasion, collection/delivery of daily incoming/outgoing post and DX, and any other general office administrative duties as required.
Key Skills and Experience:
• Relevant secretarial experience gained from within a busy legal practice (preferably Private Client)
• Accurate in producing good quality correspondence
• Proficient audio typist
• Ability to effectively prioritise and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Courteous and professional demeanour
• Able to work as a team with solicitors
• Strong sense of discretion
Remuneration & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Good holiday entitlement
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Private Healthcare
Only suitable candidates will be directly contacted about this position and we will not store or process the data of candidates in any way unless consent has been obtained.