Counter Fraud Technical Lead
Hours: Monday Friday 9am-5pm
About Our Client Leading, rapidly expanding, multi-award-winning Group based in Whitstable, providing superb opportunities to develop and progress your career within a very exciting role.
To build and maintain Counter Fraud department technical quality and assist the Management team in ensuring that our approach to claims handling is robust and demonstrates best practice. Maintaining a detailed knowledge of industry development and regulation / legislative changes, and how these will impact our approach to defeating Fraud
* Assist the Head of Technical Fraud with all technical matters relating & Fraud investigation teams, Intelligence team and Support function (General operational control / people management will be with the team leaders and the Counter Fraud Operations Manager).
* Liaison with team leaders to ensure technical quality of staff is continually improving to meet departmental needs,
* Build and maintaining a robust technical audit program for continuous improvement and identification of development needs.
* Build close relationships with other departments, business partners and market peers to ensure technical knowledge is constantly up to date and is disseminated as appropriate.
* Technical surgeries and 121 coaching sessions where required.
* Assist with the facilitation of technical training, both internally and by external business partners, where need is identified.
* Receive technical referrals in line with authority levels.
* Handling complaints arising from technical issues in conjunction with Team Leaders.
* Authorising reserves and payments in line with authority levels.
* Provide assistance with oversight of market operations and linked fraud investigation.
* Assist the Counter Fraud Operations Manager in general departmental (technical) strategy where necessary.
* Close relationship with the Intel and Analysis Team to ensure a robust analytics program to assist in determining shift in strategy.
* Provision of trend analysis and MI to Head of Technical Fraud help drive strategy.
* Continually review Counter Fraud solutions, processes and performance, to identify strengths, issues and risks and provide recommendations for improvement.
* Provide support to Technical Services with referrals.
* Undertake general technical tasks, as required.
* Understand the implications of GDPR requirements and ensure these are observed t and followed in the development and training of processes and procedures
Skills and experience
* 5+ year's relevant insurance company experience (with a minimum of 3 years' experience within a supervisory capacity).
* Good market awareness.
What's on Offer:
* 22 days annual leave
* 5% pension contribution scheme
* Healthcare benefits
* Life assurance
* Big retail discount vouchers