We’re looking to appoint a Home Ownership Officer to provide a first-class rent and service charge management service to mhs homes leaseholders / Market Rent and Shared Ownership customers, effectively managing collection to maximise mhs homes income. This is a permanent, full-time position (37 hours per week).
This role currently reports to our Assistant Director of Customer Services. Working as part of a small team, duties will include;
• Annually reviewing leaseholder service charges in consultation with the Asset Management and other teams, and provide annual
accounts to all leaseholders, complying with legislative and regulatory requirements.
• Managing leaseholder service charge accounts, agreeing payment schedules, and monitoring arrears including shared ownership arrears
• Attending and providing evidence to Leasehold Valuation Tribunals, as required.
• Supporting the annual audit of service charge accounts.
• Attending leaseholder involvement meetings or meetings within our communities with customers and partner agencies.
• Setting up payment arrangements and dealing with customer enquiries
• Providing support for stair casing and home ownership sales
• Updating policies and procedures to keep in line with legislation
• Providing reports and statistics on all aspects of home ownership income management.
• You’ll have a good knowledge of relevant legislation, and of current best practice.
• It goes without saying that you’ll have fantastic customer service skills.
• You’ll also be able to work effectively with colleagues across the organisation.
• Excellent time management skills, and an ability to effectively manage and prioritise work, is also essential, as well as a methodical and
organised approach to managing a portfolio of properties.
• You’ll need to hold a driving licence and be able to use your own car for work purposes.
• A performance based annual bonus
• Training and opportunities for continuing professional development
• Flexible staff benefits including a cycle to work scheme
• 28 days holiday a year + Bank Holidays and the option to buy/sell holiday
• A range of wellbeing activities
• Enhanced family leave policies
• Free on-site parking and disabled parking
• Regular social and charitable events and a volunteering day
• A great team of colleagues to work with
We’re Investors in Diversity accredited and a Disability Confident employer. This means if you tell us you have a disability and meet the minimum requirements for the job, we’ll offer you an interview. We can be flexible when assessing people so everyone has the best opportunity to demonstrate they can do the job.
If you think you have what it takes then please review the Role Profile for the post, and submit an application form.
We’re planning to hold interviews for shortlisted candidates during the week commencing 20th January 2020.