This fast-paced, growing business require an engineering professional to plan, check, monitor and carry out maintenance work and repair of all Company equipment, machinery and buildings.
They will be required to ensure conformance to all legislative requirements, codes of practice, best practice and Health and Safety requirements for the safe, and efficient operation of the business, including machinery, buildings and services.
Key responsibilities include:
• Effectively schedule and maintain the Site Preventative Maintenance Programme
• Undertake preventative maintenance/condition monitoring checks, as appropriate
• Ensure that all breakdown and repairs of equipment are carried out as efficiently as possible and keep “down-time/unavailable time” to a minimum
• Ensure that all required production documentation is completed and signed off upon handing the machinery back to production
• Monitor equipment/machinery performance using agreed Key performance indicators
• Ensure all work carried out has the appropriate risk assessment, method statement and work permit in place
• Monitor and maintain all building systems as assigned
• Carry out repairs and maintenance on machinery, fire and alarm systems and any other equipment as assigned
• Carry out relevant and necessary training of the production machinery and other site equipment
• Perform a wide variety of general building maintenance repairs across the site/premises as required
• Develop and maintain an asset register
• Assist in monitoring all work being performed by outside contractors
Skills, know-how and experience required:
• City & Guilds qualification or equivalent in a mechanical subject
• 18th Edition electrical qualification
• Formal Health & Safety training certificate
• Full driving licence
• Proven experience of working in a maintenance capacity or related field
• Experience of carrying out repairs and maintenance on machinery, equipment and building
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Sound understanding of COSHH regulations, F-gas qualification and CDM regulations
• Ability to lift heavy objects when required
• Ability to work in confined spaces
• Ability to work at height
Only suitable candidates will be directly contacted about this position and we will not store or process the data of candidates in any way unless consent has been obtained.