Robinson-Allfree, a leading law firm, with offices in Ramsgate and Broadstairs, has an exciting opportunity for a full-time experienced Conveyancing Secretary/Assistant.
You will be a competent Secretary with a good understanding and experience of the Conveyancing process utilising the following skills:
• Audio typing, word processing and document production, photocopying and document binding, handling and filing all correspondence incoming and outgoing including post, faxes, emails, email attachments scanned or in word documents or other common place formats, DX.
• Maintaining necessary skills on all working programs including but not limited to Word, MS Office/Excel and standard conveyancing forms.
• Answering and making telephone calls on behalf of the fee earner in a professional and efficient manner to clients, other solicitors, estate agents, mortgage brokers, land registry and any third party contacting the fee earner as requested and being able to provide appropriate updates, when necessary.
• Opening and maintaining files including keeping filing up to date and keeping files to current standards.
• Meeting and greeting clients and visitors to the building as requested and providing refreshments on request.
• Preparing documents including draft contract papers, SDLT returns, AP1s, invoices, completion statements.
• Requesting and applying for official copies/searches including Land registry searches, Companies House searches
• Liaising with Accounts Department to ensure that invoices, ledgers, completion statements are up-to-date and accurate, requisitioning cheques
• Archiving dead files and deeds
• Covering colleagues’ secretarial responsibilities and providing back up and support when they are absent from the office, to include reception cover.
• The ideal candidate will be highly organised, possess initiative and excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, ability to remain calm under pressure and be a fast typist.
Please email your CV using the apply online button: