Watts Farms has an exciting opportunity for a 7.5 Tonne Delivery Driver to join our Transport Department on a full-time, permanent basis. You will be based in Aylesford and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £27,000 per annum (with bonus potential of £40 per week – OTE £29,080)
Watts Farms is a family-run business which covers 10 sites in Kent, Essex and Bedfordshire. Supplying 600 high end restaurants and hotels in London and Home Counties on a daily basis, we employ nearly 350 people. We sell around 3,000 product lines including fresh produce of which a number are grown on our own farms.
What does the 7.5 Tonne Delivery Driver role involve?
- Multi-drop deliveries of fresh produce to customers.
- Driving in London and the surrounding areas.
- Defect reporting ensuring vehicle checks are completed daily before departure and all orders are loaded correctly.
- Ensure deliveries are made in a timely manner and excellent service is given to the customer.
- Collection of goods to the main depot.
- Drivers at Watts Farms are the face of our business and therefore it is essential we recruit staff who are able to provide an excellent service to our customers.
- Full training will be provided to ensure the successful candidate is comfortable with the routes.
Key requirements to become our 7.5 Tonne Delivery Driver:
- Full UK Driving licence
- Previous 7.5 tonne experience and CPC qualification
- Minimum of C1 Licence and CPC/Tacho card
- Reliable and professional
- Integrity / Strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build positive working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
- Adaptable and able to make decisions
- Experience in a similar work environment would be an advantage
What we can offer you as our 7.5 Tonne Delivery Driver…
- 31 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Referral scheme
- Pension and child care vouchers
You will be working on a shift pattern with a fortnightly rota. This will consist of 6 shifts in week one and 4 shifts in week two. Average of 48 hours per week, working Monday to Saturday (no shifts on Sunday). Typical start times of 7pm or 3am available depending on route.
Please note: Employment Checks will include Drugs & Alcohol test
If you have the requirements listed to become our 7.5 Tonne Delivery Driver, please click ‘apply’ today. We’d love to hear from you!