Independently owned and run, we are an established merchant name in the South East, successfully serving trade and retail customers for over thirty-five years. Due to increased demand we have an exciting opportunity for a second Estimator to join our established Head Office team based in Tunbridge Wells.
As an Estimator, you will provide a consistently high estimating service to all customers through the provision of accurate, competitive and timely quotations. By retaining existing customers and winning new business, you’ll play a key role in supporting our branches and Area Sales Manager's and helping us to offer an unparalleled service to all our customers.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Supporting the Area Sales Manager's and branches by providing accurate and timely quotations, liaising directly with customers where required.
• Actively tracking the progress of quotes and helping convert these into successful orders.
• Building lasting customer and supplier relationships via telephone and face-to-face communication.
• Keeping up to date with changes in relevant legislation, market developments and products.
• Maintaining daily contact with Branch Managers and Area Sales Manager's to assess the support required.
For the Estimator role specifically, you will need:
• A proven track record of estimating, quoting and pricing in the contract market.
• Excellent commercial awareness.
• Strong verbal and numerical skills.
• The ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with customers and suppliers.
• A strong attention to detail and accuracy in all that you do.
• General product knowledge across all product groups would be beneficial, although training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Working for an independent merchant which values its employees, the successful candidate will receive a strong benefits package including:
• Salary of between £25,000 to £27,500, dependent on experience
• 31 days holiday (including National Bank Holidays)
• Uncapped commission bonus scheme
• Generous pension contribution
• 4 years death in service benefit
• Personal accident insurance
• Product training
• Free onsite parking
• Staff discount scheme
To apply, please submit a copy of your current CV along with a covering letter which outlines your suitability for the role.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 to £27,500.00 per annum