We are seeking an experienced Bookkeeper to join our lovely Bee-keeping Company based just outside Canterbury in Kent. This role supports the business owner and works closely with the outsourced company Accountants.
This is a varied role performing the Bookkeeping function for 4 stand-alone businesses:
Main job functions:
* Liaising with Business Development Manager and Purchasing Manager, checking and paying supplier invoices against Purchase Orders.
* Bank account(s) and petty cash reconciliation.
* Liaising with HMRC on all relevant matters; including preparation of VAT Returns.
* Credit Control - chasing payments, allocating payments, updating Sage 50.
* Liaising with Accountants on all Payroll matters, including monthly preparation of information for same.
* Preparation of Year End Accounts.
* Preparation of Management Accounts for business owner.
* Preparation of Cash-flow Forecasts for business owner.
* Keeping accurate records of all transactions.
The perfect candidate for this role:
* Must be passionate about the work.
* Qualified Bookkeeper or AAT Level 4 Qualified.
* Must have direct working knowledge and experience in operating SAGE 50.
* Seeking long-term career commitment with opportunity to grow with the business.
Terms and Conditions:
* 20 days annual leave pro-rata + Bank Holidays.
* Normal working days are Monday to Friday; hours to be agreed.
* Hourly rate is negotiable.
Important Information for Applicants:
1. You must have your own transport due to our rural location at Highland Court Farm, just outside Bridge, near Canterbury.
2. Please make the time to tailor your CV and create a covering letter to show us how you will be able to perform the main duties of the role and how you match the person specification.
3. Email Melodie Webster via the apply online button with your CV and covering letter. Telephone 01227 832227 and ask for Melodie if you would like to discuss the job role.