To manage the running of the Payroll department, ensuring it operates efficiently, legally and according to required timeframes.
Oversee the preparation of the payroll run(s): inputting required information into the payroll system, currently iTrent and updating payroll spreadsheets accordingly.
2. Ensuring all payments to employees are processed accurately and within the required timeframe.
3. To ensure that payroll and expenses are managed in accordance with the Foundation’s policies and procedures.
4. Calculation of employees’ entitlement to Occupational Sick Pay, SSP, SMP, SPP, SAPP, SHPP.
5. Calculation and processing of Holiday Pay.
6. Generate the monthly and fortnightly BACS files for final approval and transmission by Council of Management and SMT.
7. Ensuring Real Time Information reports are submitted in accordance with HMRC deadlines.
8. Ensure that the pension schemes are administered in accordance with the relevant schemes’ specifications including LGPS.
9. To ensure all statutory requirements are met including year-end returns and monthly preparation of reports for PAYE, NI and all 3rd party returns.
10. Deal with routine pay and pension queries from staff in a timely manner.
11. Implement pay increases and regular Bonus payments within the relevant timeframes.
12. Year-end processing including producing P60s and P11Ds within HMRC timeframes.
13. Provide support and advice to staff in relation to any pay or pension queries.
14. Follow all payroll procedures to ensure all relevant data is processed in a timely manner, is accurate and correctly calculated.
15. Compiling reports as and when requested by Senior Management.
16. Manage the team’s work to ensure that all staff achieve their own objectives and duties, and assist them to achieve their own personal development plans.
17. The above list is not exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post. Job descriptions are regularly reviewed to ensure they are an accurate representation of the post.