At present the post is a temporary position from Mid January until July 22nd 2020. 3.5 days a week Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 8am to 5pm and Friday 1.00-5pm (28 hours a week) – term time only plus 1 week inset plus 4 week holiday pay (pro rata)
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday hours have the potential to be negotiated.
Salary £9 per hour
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to obtain an Enhanced Disclosure check.
1. To provide an exceptionally high standard of holistic care for all children at Littleview
2. To provide support to all colleagues within Littleview.
3. To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling & nurturing environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn.
4. To build and maintain strong partnership working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met.
Main Duties: (These duties all hold equal relevance & importance.)
1. To effectively deliver the EYFS.
2. Plan, organise & implement and participate in a wide range of stimulating activities inside and in both our outside garden and ‘tree zone’ that are appropriate for the developmental stage of each child, taking into account any SEND. This must be achieved in accordance with the EYFS development matters; Characteristics of effective learning and welfare & safeguarding requirements.
3. To keep accurate; interesting & informative records and observations of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life including external agencies
4. Keep parents informed on a daily basis of their child’s wellbeing
5. To have a consistent and positive approach to the management of children’s behaviour
6. To work highly effectively in the role of a key person (deputizing for a key person where necessary)
7. To be committed to equality and supporting children to learn about equality and justice through their play.
8. Support all staff and have a commitment to positive team working.
9. To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers
10. To ensure the provision is of a high quality at all times and that all nursery environments meet the needs of individual and groups of children.
11. Participate fully in daily discussion concerning any nursery matters
12. To advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, maintaining confidentiality as necessary.
13. To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, summer sports day; parents evenings etc.
14. To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snacks and serving of meals, cleaning of equipment, etc.
15. To read, understand and fully adhere to ALL policies and procedures relevant to the role of Childcare & Education practitioner and the safe running of Littleview.
16. To keep completely confidential any information regarding children, their families or other staff with the obvious exception to and safeguarding issues.
17. To maintain and follow nursery procedures regarding safeguarding issues in accordance with our child protection policy; whistle blowing procedure and the safeguarding and welfare requirements of the EYFS and Ofsted.
18. To be aware of the high profile of Littleview and to uphold its high standards at all times, both during the working hours of 8am to 5pm and at all times outside of these hours.
19. To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times, this includes personal; for the children and the internal & external premises of Littleview in accordance with the Hygiene & Health & Safety & Risk assessment policies.
20. To keep up to date with current legislation and participate fully in policy development.
21. Participate fully in supervision sessions and personal & team reviews.