Interim Business Systems Analyst role, Rochester, Kent @ £250 per day
Interim Business Systems Analyst: This is an exciting new role working for a rapidly expanding FMCG business based in Rochester. The role will involve working closely with all business heads and their teams, software developers and solutions providers to analyse, design and implement a new systems landscape in support of a major transformation project.
Reports To: Head of Transformation Programme Delivery
Location: Rochester with occasional overseas travel
* Strong demonstrable experience of working in the role of a Business Systems Analyst or a Technical / IT Business Analyst, capturing complex business requirements and sourcing and designing solutions.
* Proven ability to understand technical business concepts and document and convey these in a clear, understandable manner - specifically, candidates will need to break down complex user stories for non-technical audiences within the business and bridge the gap with technical experts, either in house or external.
* Strong data modelling and analytical mind-set, with the ability to challenge current processes and design creative integrated solutions.
* A team player, naturally confident, and strong communicator with ability to build relationships with multiple business areas.
* Demonstrable experience of work within the logistics, retail, FMCG sector on multiple systems developments.
* Familiar with the use of wireframes, User Stories, Agile, and Sprint methodologies,
* Broad technology exposure
* Experience working in the full, end-to-end software development lifecycle from gathering and managing stakeholder requirements and providing guidance to work stream owners / sponsors, through to go live of designed solutions.
* Experience working with third party vendors, near and off shore.
* Willingness to develop Project Management experience.
* Strong Data Migration and testing experience (manual and automation)
Education and personal characteristics:
* Degree qualified, with an international mindset
* A self-starter, with a positive can do attitude, a desire to take on increasing responsibility, and goal orientated.
* The role will initially focus on requirements gathering and system design, but has the potential to grow and cover the full scope of software development activities including data migration, testing and support.
* This wider experience will allow the successful candidate to take personal responsibility for most of the life cycle tasks from concept to fully-formed product, and provide considerable career development opportunities.