Who we are
Vanquis helps people who are excluded by mainstream banks take control of their financial situation. Whether they’re new to credit or need a hand rebuilding their credit file to manage life better, we make sure our services are straightforward and suitable for them to succeed.
We’re here to put people on a path to a better everyday life, not just our 1.7 million customers but our colleagues too. And we’re proud of the difference we make.
You and Your Team
The Operations team continually challenge themselves and demand more for our colleagues and customers. Responsible for making your department better, you’ll deliver real and measurable gains through small wins and strategic transformation. Everything you do will be based on your understanding of our customers, colleagues, processes and technology. You’ll use data and insight to inform your decision making. You’ll be the one spotting the problem, before the problem exists.
Our Recoveries team look after our customers at an important point in their journey with us; they may have come to the end of their internal Vanquis journey, but we take great care in making sure they continue to receive the best possible support and service.
What you’ll bring to the team
Working closely with the Recoveries Management team, we’re looking for someone to take the lead in the relationship management of our Debt Collection Agencies and insolvency service providers. Ensuring adherence with company and regulatory requirements, you’ll assist in the oversight and management of supplier performance as well as identify and recommend areas for development and improvement in processes and strategy.
• You’ll have extensive experience working within Financial Services with exposure to third party management
• You’ll have in depth knowledge and experience of working within a Recoveries and/or Collections function with exposure to customer insolvency
• You’ll have the ability to investigate data, find trends and provide recommendations
• You’ll have a logical approach to your work and problem solving
• You’ll have excellent communication skills able to explain complex processes clearly to a wide range of audiences
• You’ll be able to adapt to change and deal with ambiguity
• You’ll be an excellent team player, able to take ownership of problems and maintain a positive outlook
• You’ll be able to prioritise your own workload and manage projects to tight deadlines
• You must have a flexible and proactive approach to your work
Our colleagues are the most important part of delivering our purpose to put customers on a path to a better everyday life. If it wasn’t for their amazing efforts, ideas and energy we wouldn’t be the successful business that we are today. So we offer an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including:
• Competitive base salary and rewards
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• 25 days holiday entitlement – with one day accrued for each year of service (to max 30 days)
• Defined contribution pension scheme
• Private Medical Insurance for you and your family (partner and dependant children)
• Extensive opportunities for personal and career development
• Flexible and dynamic working policies
• A range of initiatives offered through our Sports & Social and Social Impact Programmes
• Perks at Work - A perks platform offering over 30,000 unique discounts
• Free tea, coffee and fruit
• Discounted gym membership
• Subsidised on-site restaurants
Find out more
Check out our social media channels find out more about everyday life at Vanquis – and don’t forget to follow us while you’re there!
LinkedIn: Vanquis Bank
Facebook: Vanquis Careers
Glassdoor: Vanquis Bank