Established in 1983 Harbour Shipping Ltd with its head office in the UK is one of Europe’s most successful third-party freight booking and customs clearance agents and is part of the Star Cargo Group. To facilitate our ongoing expansion plans we are looking to appoint a sales executive to join our UK sales team offering ferry booking facilities throughout Europe.
The Directors of Star Cargo plc are committed to the continued development of each of the seven subsidiaries with a strong emphasis on organic growth through new business development as well as maximising the existing accounts. Furthermore Star Cargo plc has a proven success of completing strategic acquisitions. Since 1983 The Group has completed more than 20 acquisition of small to medium sized freight related companies.
Main function of the job - Working as part of a small team of UK Sales Executives to undertake in new business development and account management of existing clients of the European ferry sales activity.
Working as part of a sales team the successful candidate will proactively develop new business and build and nurture existing client relationships to maximise the potential.
- New business development through telesales & field sales (where necessary)
- Key Account Management
- Generating & Calculating quotations
- Drafting and sending appropriate sales correspondence
- Ensuring that the quotes are completed promptly and are followed up promptly to maximise conversion
- Managing sales process through to closure
- Developing long lasting relationships with new clients
- Supporting the other sales team members in their sales efforts
Experience / skills required
• New business Sales experience.
• Proven success of calculating sales quotations.
• Experience of negotiating with clients and or suppliers.
• Key account management experience with proven success of developing relationships.
• Good administrative skills.
• Good numerical skills.
• Good IT skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Character and personal attributes
• Confident communicator. (Written and verbal)
• A positive and engaging personality.
• Can do sales / customer service orientation.
• Strong work ethic.
• Good attention to detail.
• Calm under pressure.
Based at our Eastern Docks office in Dover, working alternate weeks 8am-5pm and 9am-6pm, this position offers a starting salary of £20,000 per annum along with a structured bonus scheme, company pension scheme and twenty two days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays.
Please apply in writing to Steve Cummings at [email protected]