I am currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Manager to be based in Rochester
Are you an experienced Health & Safety Manager looking for a new opportunity? Do you have recent experience working within a consturction manufacturing business? Are you looking for an opportunity with a reputable contractor in the Kent area?
If the answer is yes, then this is the perfect opportunity to work with an excellent Contractor with a leading manufacturer
* Responsible for mentoring junior staff
* Carrying out audits and inspections on site where required and ensure non-conformances are closed out
* Assisting in project set up, pre-planning of works and safe systems of work
* Assisting in development of project specific risk registers and assessments
* Assisting in project specific training matrix development
* Carrying out re-active monitoring including accident, incident & near miss investigations
* Monitoring and assisting in the assessment of sub-contractors
* Professionally qualified within SHEQ field
* Proven track record as an operational SHEQ officer within the Construction industry
* Thorough knowledge of current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation /issues.
* Evidence of working knowledge of quality standards, audit procedures and integrated management systems.
* Accident and incident investigation experience.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Evidence of working effectively within a team.
* IT literate.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required:
* Experienced as a Health and Safety Advisor
* CMIOSH membership
* CSCS card
* Experienced in the design and delivery of safety training programmes
* Knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation
* Self-motivated to constantly improve upon established safety standards
* Experience construction manufacturing
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.