At Childrensalon, technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have custom-build most of our systems to support our vision of providing the best experience for our customers when dressing their children beautifully, whilst making it as easy as possible for our team to do so.
We are looking for a passionate and pioneering Head of Development/Head of Software Engineering to lead our development team. Delivering all Childrensalon software requirements from websites and apps to back-office systems, striving to employ the best technology that supports our business.As Head of Development/Head of Software Engineering, you will have led asuccessful software team for the past 3 years.
You have hands on experience and also get excited about employing new technology that further enhances our customers and staff experience.
- Build, lead and own: backend, frontend, QA teams.
- Manage relationship & collaboration with remote development team.
- Manage key business-wide projects as well as multiple department projects across all our different systems, and reporting progress to key
stakeholders including the Leadership team.
- Ability to take an agile approach and merry it up with fixed-length iterations of back-office systems.
- Define, execute and manage the development roadmap to align to strategic goals.
- Ensure best practices are maintained with technical architecture, documentation own to code comment level.
- Ability to communicate technology clearly to the leadership team.
- Work on multiple product streams with swift problem solving.
- Bug tracking, resolution.
- Keep up to date with latest software, methodologies and frameworks.
- Work closely with User Experience, User interface and Systems teams to deliver projects.
- Ecommerce Development: Responsive, App.
- Experience with Swift iOS development and app store publishing.
- Knowledge of Android Apps.
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role, 8+ years in software development.
- Good understanding of API Integrations e,g: Google Analytics, Adwords, Facebook, Instagram.
- Confident enough for bespoke API integrations: e.g: Custom CRM, Personalisation, Payment Gateways.
- Experience integrating with back office software or ERP systems.
- Experience managing projects from key stakeholders across the company, and across multiple systems.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount. We are ranked #34 on the 2019 Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list and proud to be a member of the Living Wage Foundation.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you think you have these qualities and would like to join our busy team please send us your CV with cover letter about why you would like to work for us to [email protected]