GJS are one of the UK’s leading same day courier companies, providing a wide range of courier services to businesses from our locations in the South East. We are looking for a professional, confident, reliable individual to come and join our operations team.
Reporting to both the Operations Manager and Managing Director, this role has the responsibility for the provision of administrative support to the Operations team with the tasks listed below.
• Taking customer bookings on the GJS systems, and dealing with customer queries, coming from telephone calls, emails, fax and/or other
• Monitoring the Operations email mailbox and responding to bookings and queries in a timely manner
• Controlling and despatching drivers, including monitoring circuits, drivers and subcontractors, ensuring collections and deliveries are made in a timely manner
• Dealing with problems and queries arising from the day to day transport operation and provision of services to our customers
• POD matching/collating and sending of customer invoices
• Dealing with driver and subcontractor hr related administrative duties
• Other asset management, operational, project and general tasks as required
Hours 8.30am – 5.00pm with one hour unpaid lunch
This role would suit someone with experience in a fast paced, varied environment. Ideally the candidate would have experience in working with a same day courier company or similar.