Are you currently looking for the next step in your career? See below a new Intermediate Quantity Surveyor opportunity that has just become availableâ¦
Position: Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
Location: Gillingham, Kent
Contract type: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Â£40,000-Â£45,000 per annum (DOE)
Randstad CPE Contact: Katherine Murrell (Maidstone branch - 01622 357230)
About The Contractor:
You will be working for a regional based contractor who holds a diverse portfolio of civil engineering schemes ranging from heavy groundworks, drainage and earthworks. They operate throughout the south east and have recently won multiple new projects hence why they need to expand their team with a permanent Quantity Surveyor.
This is the perfect opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to work with a well recognised contractor, who holds an excellent reputation in the market. This role will be mainly office based with the occasional visit to sites, working on a general civil engineering project.
You will be responsible for:
* Procuring subcontractors, agreeing prices and letting the packages
* Negotiating costs with various parties
* Drawing up contracts
* Monthly reporting
* Compensation events
* Responsible for work package change control and management
* Responsible for project re-measure
* Preparing and agreeing final accounts
What you'll need:
* Degree / HND in Quantity Surveying
* Excellent IT and maths skills are essential
* Attention to detail
* Excellent report writing and negotiation skills are essential
* Experience in utilities projects would be an advantage
* Negotiable salary (DOE) + package
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.