Location: Chatham or London
Life is better when you love your job…
Here at Vanquis we do, and it is what we believe has contributed most to our success. Our business has grown so much since we started in 2002 and we've achieved this growth by encouraging our employees to put ideas forward, make decisions and constantly improve the service we provide for our customers.
This is a fantastic role within our IT team to work as a Solutions Architect with the chance to work across various departments to drive the bank forward.
Whether you are aligned to Data, Commercial or Operations Engineering, Service Integration or Infrastructure this is an opportunity to lead change and drive value for our customers through the design and provision of technical solutions.
This role is not only seen as vital to the bank but also very much needed across all our engineering teams to ensure standards and best practices are a common theme throughout.
Key Skills :
• At least eight years’ working experience in one or more multiple IT areas
• IT Infrastructure and cloud development experience
• Engineering and software architecture design experience
• Business analysis skills inc requirements gathering
• Extensive experience of leading and managing engineering teams of all levels
• Responsible for the quality outcome in the engineering discipline
• Responsible for the Community of Practise for their engineering skill
• Leads and takes responsibility for architecture and process improvement
• Project and product management
• Proven experience of working within a DevOps / Agile environment
Responsibilities Include :
• Ownership of the technology stack and delivery of technology strategy and roadmap
• Creation of architectural patterns, standards and framework to enable collaboration across engineering teams
• Working with vendors and engineers to review and select the right technology for the bank
• Review and ratification of stakeholder requirements to ensure the engineering team can deliver
• Identify new opportunities and improvements in current practices and technologies
• Architect and design solutions to support the business goals and objectives while adhering to the IT architecture and Information Security principles (Loosely coupled architectures and secure by design)Provide strategic insight and input to the team in developing and enhancing strategies
• Manages costs incurred by the team and looks for ways to optimise while continuing to deliver a great customer experience Please note : Once the closing date has been reached we will review all CVs.
Should we wish to progress your application we will contact you within four weeks of the closing date. If you do not hear from us within four weeks of the closing date, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful.
On occasion, we identify alternative roles that may be suitable for applicants and therefore we may retain your CV for up to 6 months for this purpose.
If you do not wish us to contact, you or hold your CV on file for 6 months please contact us. We welcome applications from every area of the community, regardless of age, gender, race, nationality, colour, ethnic origin, disability, sexuality, religion or beliefs, and believe that everyone should be treated fairly and consistently.
We are TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) ambassadors and believe that everything we do as a company should benefit our customers.