Two days per week
£20,000 - £25,000 / pro-rata + discretionary bonus
Are you a Part-Qualified Accountant looking for a part-time position for two days per week?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a well-established, family-run business as a Part-Qualified Accountant. This company is based near Tunbridge Wells and are considered industry experts with over a centuries worth of industry knowledge handed down.
As the Part-Qualified Accountant, your role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with industry experts.
Key responsibilities of the role:
* Ensuring that all day-to-day financial matters of the organisation are performed to a high standard
* Strategic support to the Directors and Accountant
* Cash Book Reconciliation
* Monthly P&L Accounts
* Managing Sales and Purchase Ledger (invoices and cash)
* Credit Control
* Production of invoices (Goods + VAT)
* Creation of Contracts Ledger (Retention's ledger is managed by one of the Directors but knowledge of these is preferred)
* Payroll for approx. 15 employees
This job is ideal for a part-qualified Accountant looking for part-time work. This role would suit a professional and committed candidate looking for a down-to-earth working environment.
* Part-qualified in Accountancy OR AAT (minimum qualification)
* Previous experience working within the Construction or Engineering industry is an advantage.
* Knowledge, an understanding or willingness to learn Reverse VAT Returns.
* The ability to work flexibly
* Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
The successful candidate would work 2 days per week ideally, Tuesday and Wednesday although flexible (expect not a Friday).
This will be a two-stage interview process, of which both will be face to face interviews.
Email your CV today to Jane Hardy at KHR-Recruitment Specialists to be considered for this role - if you do not hear from us within 5 working days please assume you have not been successful.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a "clean" copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR - Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market...