Job Title: Receptionist
Salary: £21,060 (equivalent to £9 per hour)
Hours: 45 hours over 5 days per week. Shifts between 6:30am and 11pm.
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Playing a vital role in the everyday operation of the hotels front of house department, you will be responsible for creating the first impression for all hotel guests, for greeting them and making them feel welcome. This high-profile role requires excellent customer facing approach with exceptional levels of customer service skills.
* Greet all guests on arrival
* Manage luggage collection/delivery
* Manage all check ins/outs
* Answering guest queries be they by phone or email, in line with company policy
* Effective call handling, being able to transfer a call to the relevant department and to take and effective message
* Actively making dinner reservations for all hotel guests, arranging transport and dry cleaning when necessary
* Have a good knowledge of the local amenities and be able to direct guests to local tourist sites
* Assist with group bookings including, room listing and payments
* To have extensive knowledge of all hotel facilities
This job description is not exhaustive and other duties and responsibilities of a similar level and nature may be required from time to time.
* Experience within a similar role at a 4 * establishment. (Desired, not essential)
Key Skills and Knowledge:
* Knowledge of computer applications is essential - Microsoft outlook/excel/office
* Close attention to detail with a structured approach to a task
* An ability to work under pressure
* Be well spoken with excellent written and communication skills