Restaurant Assistant Manager/Supervisor - 4-Star Hotel
Location: Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Salary: £21,000 - £25,000 coupled with an excellent benefits package
Hours: 45 hours per week shifted
One Warwick Park's 4-star boutique hotel's restaurant, SEVENTEEN, are seeking a Restaurant Assistant Manager/Supervisor to join their excellent team. The restaurant, which is situated just a stone's throw away from the famous Pantiles and only a few minutes' walk from Tunbridge Wells train station brings a luxury guest experience to the town and has a track record of training and developing staff into senior positions.
As a Restaurant Assistant manager your role involves ensuring that the restaurant operation runs efficiently for the 70-seat restaurant, a 120-seat function room, bar food and room service. The restaurant serves British dishes using flavours and influences from around the world using modern cooking techniques, seasonality and presentation.
* Assist the Food and Beverage Manager in the smooth running of the restaurant on a daily basis.
* Ensure seamless co-operation between FOH team and restaurant staff in delivering excellent service to all visitors.
* Manage restaurant set up, reservations and table planning.
* Conduct opening and closing of the restaurant including cashing up.
* To lead the team on each shift and ensure the company service standards are upheld.
* Escort customers to their tables.
* Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
* Present menus to customers and answer questions about dishes and make recommendations.
* Provide excellent customer service.
* Handle customer queries and complaints
* Ensure all health and safety, food hygiene procedures and guidelines are followed and documented as per company policy.
* Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals
* You will ensure that restaurant staff are fully trained, that they are knowledgeable and provide a consistently high standard of service.
* To motivate, develop and train staff in line with the company training programme.
Key Skills and Knowledge
Reporting directly to the Restaurant Manager the ideal Restaurant Supervisor should have previous supervisory experience, be highly motivated with a passion for service, and a desire to exceed guest expectations. You will need to have the ability to lead, motivate & develop the restaurant team
* An understanding of exceptional guest service and exceeding expectations
* Great Sales skills and techniques
* Enthusiasm and looking to develop a successful career in high end restaurants
* Ability to lead and motivate a team
* Clear communications skills and ability to build a rapport with guests
* A hard working attitude
* The ability to multi-task and work well under pressure