Hospice in the Weald is based in Pembury, near Tunbridge Wells, Kent with a notional catchment area of over 400 square miles of West Kent and East Sussex. The Hospice has an In-Patient Ward, Hospice Day Service, Hospice in the Home service and a Counselling and Support Service. In the Autumn we will be opening our fifth service - Cottage Hospice (in Five Ashes), the first of its kind in the UK.
We are currently recruiting for Hospice Support Workers who are caring and compassionate with a positive and ‘can do’ attitude, to work as part of our Hospice Day Service. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is considering starting a career in care/health.
You will be part of the clinical team that delivers a high standard of care to our terminally ill patients, their families and carers. You will be committed to providing individualised, compassionate, holistic and supportive care whilst empowering patients and maintaining their dignity.
Have you considered a career in Hospice Care? These are just some of the benefits of working at Hospice in the Weald:
• The chance to make a real difference to patients, families and carers
• A great work life balance: Full time/Part time opportunities
• The chance to offer a truly holistic approach to care
• Our beautiful surroundings and working environment
• Our ‘outstanding’ CQC rating
• The opportunity to work for a progressive organisation that is growing all the time – be part of our innovative new Cottage Hospice, new models of care and Service development.
Benefits that we offer:
• Transfer your NHS pension
• 2.5% Cost of Living increase in 2019
• Generous holiday allowance – including the ability to buy and sell holiday. Long service is also recognised
• Opportunity to study for an NVQ
• Free parking
• Subsidised restaurant
We are fully committed to flexible working as an organisation – you may want to work Full Time or Part time. Either way you will be a vital and valued member of the team.
Interview date: Monday 11th September.
For further information please contact Paul Madden, Head of Hospice Day Service on 01892 820544 or email [email protected]