Service Desk Manager
Sittingbourne: Predominantly office based with some travel to customers in London & South of England.
£36k and £40k (plus overtime & benefits package)
Our client is a market-leading IT solutions provider specialising in platform hosting, network infrastructure, data centre and business continuity services and supply chain management for small, medium and large enterprises, public sector and Education as well as other diverse market sectors.
Established for over 25 years, with a £10M turnover and a strong balance sheet, the company’s facilities include two data centres, a disaster recovery suite, a network operations centre, all located in a highly secure twenty-five-acre campus in Kent. Our client has a record of sustained growth and is currently experiencing further rapid expansion. They are predominantly focused on Microsoft technologies, as well as being industry leading providers of Routers, Switches, Firewalls and Wireless Technologies, Printers, Desktops and Servers and Telephony and Connectivity services.
The ideal candidate will have been running a Service Desk, encompassing Service Support and Service Delivery, possess strong managerial and interpersonal skills, have a technical background and some project management capabilities, preferably with extensive previous experience of working in a managed service or corporate environment. You must be able to demonstrate proven abilities in the leading and managing the team to support a wide variety of IT solutions as part of an end-to-end lifecycle implementation.
The Service Desk Manager will be based at the Head Office in Sittingbourne but may also be required to travel to customer premises where face-to-face engagement is necessary, including some larger London-based clients; a full driving license, your own transportation and a willingness to travel are therefore pre-requisites. You will also be involved in supporting the Service Desk to resolve escalations across other departments, both technical and administrative.
As the Service Desk Manager, you will have a good understanding and practical experience of:
· Continuously reviewing and adjusting the team’s activities/priorities to ensure the right people are on the right task, at the right time with the right decisions being made, increasing productivity whilst maximizing a positive customer service experience.
· Driving the Service Desk 2nd and 3rd level analysts to meet targets for ticket response, dwell time and age and focus resources to meet customer expectations, especially at peak times when volumes are higher.
· Ensuring ticket count is within acceptable thresholds by close of business every day and ensuring every client has had an update every 24 hours for their open tickets.
· Responsible for the engineers meeting/improving their Golden KPI targets.
· Leading the daily Service Desk huddle - bringing any sticky tickets to the forefront whilst energising and motivating the team for the day.
· Quality Assurance reviews of the support team’s tickets.
· Where required, be a conduit for client communication, helping engineers during busy times, personally building relationships with clients.
· Weekly 1-2-1s with the team, including review of individual Golden KPIs.
· Involved with the on-boarding and off-boarding of clients.
· Following-up on Satisfaction Survey Responses with clients and staff adding lessons learned to the Knowledge Base.
· Provide feedback on performance metrics to the Head of Technical Services.
· Managing the development of the team by ensuring that daily tasks and activities are in line with the business needs and individual career interests.
· Ensure Hand Over to Service and other client related documentation is kept up-to-date.
· Manage the Service Desk’s training programs to develop and refine the skills of the service desk team and keep the team’s skills matrix up-to-date.
· Lend a hand during busy periods and time of absence with dispatching tickets and allocating work to ensure the team are productive.
· Ensure procedures within the Service Desk Team are consistently followed.
· Identify areas for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change and seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
· Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Skills & Experience:
· Experience and success in managing a busy Service Desk function, ideally for a managed service provider
· Knowledge of ITIL 3 Service Desk processes and management software and the ability to quickly get up to speed with the firms chosen Service Desk Ticketing System.
· Strong team leadership and people management skills.
· Good understanding of process and the ability to apply it to improve service and reduce cost.
· Good level of documentation and communication skills.
· Knowledge and experience of service desk management methods and techniques.
· Passionate and committed to providing the very best service at all times.
· Good emotional intelligence, great with people and rapport building.
· Strong organisational and customer service skills.
· Skilled in leading people and getting results with a strong customer orientation.
· Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
· Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
· Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively across teams.
· Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
· Positive and passionate about customer services.
The Service Desk Manager may require occasional extended or unsocial hours. There is the potential to augment the basic salary with overtime payments and other defined benefits. The role may involve some manual handling from time to time including the movement of Servers, hardware and racking of equipment.
Our client values diversity and operates a fair recruitment process free of discrimination. Due to the nature of this role, candidates will be expected to pass security clearance.