Childrensalon is growing rapidly and we are looking for a full-time Buyer to work as a part of the award-winning team at Childrensalon in our busy Tunbridge Wells Head Office. You will be able to demonstrate sound experience and knowledge of buying within the children’s luxury fashion market. Brand aware, you will be confident in picking stock instinctively. Having strong brand knowledge, good product memory recall and direction is essential, as is the ability to foster good relationships with suppliers.
- Prepare and analyse brand sales reports to prior to every buying appointment
- Accurately and quickly input order details at buying appointments
- Check all order confirmations, finding and resolving any discrepancies
- Develop brand expertise and maintain good working relationships with suppliers
- Follow brand and adult collection history as well as designer childrenswear blogs
- Take ownership of brands online, as well as competitors
- Understand customer’s journey around the website
- Work closely with the Head of Buying Team to schedule buying appointments and meetings
- Work closely with the Merchandisers
- Work closely with the Head of Buying Team to manage the workflow, accurately and quickly perform all tasks given and ensure all systems
and records are up to date.
- Attend buying trips and weekend appointments during the busy buying season
- Work with the team to achieve tight order completion deadlines as-needed
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years buying experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Able to number crunch volume and sizing readily
- Work along with merchandisers to ensure budget controls are in-place and adhered
- Being able to demonstrable a strong work history within the luxury fashion industry
- Flexible attitude to working hours
- Appreciation of beautiful quality and a personal interest in fashion
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount. We are ranked #34 on the 2019 Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list and proud to be a member of the Living Wage Foundation.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you think you have these qualities and would like to join our busy team please send us your CV with cover letter about why you would like to work for us via the apply online button