Candy Carriers are looking for a Transport Operations Assistant to join our Transport Team based in Sittingbourne. The successful candidate will provide administrative support within the Transport Department.
Candy Carriers is a 24/7 Express Transport business providing delivery services throughout the UK and the World. This vacancy is for a person wishing to work within the transport industry and develop their career in a busy office environment.
• liaison with customer/supplier via telephone/email
• data entry & planning
• Instructing drivers of duties, document completion, end of day debriefs
• vehicle fleet administration, maintenance & scheduling
• pricing, job creation, consignment processing
• inter departmental communication
• administrative duties
• maintain systems and processes
• maintain company efficiency, productivity and profitability
• maintain transport regulation and H & S procedures
• ability to supervise and maintain discipline
• administration experienced
• computer literate with Microsoft word, excel and Outlook experience
• excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to build good working relationships.
• ability to think on your feet, prioritise and organise in a logical order.
• be creative, motivated & ambitious
• be proactive with good problem solving skills.
• be flexible adaptable in a changeable environment approach to work with the ability to multi-task.
• give attention to detail
• be decisive, work under pressure, resolve problems
• be assertive but friendly
• Full Driving Licence
47.5 hours , Monday – Friday (There may be work demands requiring flexibility with hours)
Saturday on Rota System
What can we offer you:
• £22500 per annum dependent on experience.
• Training and development opportunities.
• 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays.
• Career training and progression opportunities.
Apply by providing full CV via the apply online button