We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our design and development team. You’ll be helping to develop bespoke applications, implementing new product features and GUI’s, enhancing and maintaining existing functionality, and monitoring solutions and performance characteristics. Alongside producing excellent and well-tested code and applications the role requires you to be at the forefront of modern technologies, industry news and aware of vulnerabilities.
We’re looking for someone who can bring sound innovation with solid business benefit and technical assessment to help us stay ahead of the game whilst also staying true to the project. We are ideally looking for somebody with 2-3 years of relevant work experience, but will consider applications from ambitious new graduates who are able to adapt and learn quickly. You’ll play a key role in liaising with our major clients, and be encouraged to regularly take up further training opportunities
• Produce clean and efficient code.
• Ensure effective testing and reporting of work.
• Building optimised and resilient applications.
What you need
• Write semantic and accessible HTML.
• Understanding of CSS and pre-processors, such as SASS or LESS.
• A good understanding of SQL and database structures, particularly MySQL.
• Be grounded in modern application architectures and MVC frameworks.
• Proficient understanding of code version control tools, Git is preferable.
Extras we’d love
• Experience in frontend frameworks (Angular, Vue.js).
• Experience with Node.js.
• Proficiency in automated testing.
• An interest in hosting applications on infrastructure as a service platforms (AWS).
• Confidence in PHP.
• Experience developing WordPress themes.
We strive for beautiful, unique and functional systems. Every aspect of the development process is bespoke and designed to match perfectly to our clients’ needs. Having been a full service agency for thirty years (and a development agency since the turn of the millennium) we’ve been able to develop the skills that enable us to both design and build a range of systems.
Our clients range from major pharmaceutical companies and international associations to small independent businesses; with a wide variety of projects which span from building small responsive websites to fully functional management platforms. Most significantly, we develop and maintain Qunote, the UK’s market leading case management software allowing Case Managers and Occupational Therapists to keep their client data, record clinical notes and run invoices, and BubbleAMS, a comprehensive platform for managing trade associations.
We’re offering £25-35k D.O.E plus bonus and a 5% contributory pension, 20 days’ annual leave and a day off on your birthday!
We’re based in a beautiful location out in the sticks so you’ll need a driving licence and vehicle (we can help with the cost if needed).
Please apply with your cover letter and CV to [email protected] Feel free to provide any links to code you’ve worked on. A GitHub or Bitbucket URL is ideal.