GKR Scaffolding is an award winning scaffolding and access specialist, working on the most iconic construction projects in London and the South East. Due to expansion and growth we currently have exciting opportunities within our Transport and Logistics department. We are looking for a Transport and Logistics Manager and an Assistant transport and Logistics Manager to join our team based in Kent.
GKR Scaffolding are market leaders in safety when working at height, creating processes and inventing tools that are now widely adopted by the rest of the industry.
The business was named Access & Scaffolding Specialist 2017 for the second consecutive year, and was awarded the Training Excellence Award by Construction News. They were also awarded the Best Place to Work (Contractor) 2017 and won Innovation of the Year 2018 for their ground breaking Virtual Reality Working at Height Safety Training.
The Commercial Team are responsible for a wide variety of tasks based on financial aspects of GKR projects, which includes but is not limited to ensuring all jobs are priced correctly, labour costs are accurate and that tasks carried out fulfil the requirements of the business and specific projects throughout the UK whilst adhering to UK regulations and company policies.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• To assist on Project Valuations and control and communicate valuation dates.
• General Administration of commercial Data.
• Generation of variation breakdown.
• To correspond with clients through payment and application.
• To deal with account queries.
• Collation of Written Instructions against Variations
• To be point of contact for internal and external calls from client and GKR colleagues. Measure – Call monitoring/feedback
• Building effective relationships with GKR Scaffolding employees internally, by use of appropriate questioning, clarification and language.
• Dealing appropriately with Client queries received via the company phone/email.
• Quality checks on documentation, in assisting other members of the department upon request – credit control.
• To type up Works Instructions, check with Commercial Director / Commercial Manager and Contracts Managers for any outstanding Instructions.
• Providing excellent customer service in line with departmental standards, procedures and guidelines.
• To maintain and update the GKR IMS system to ensure all commercial documentation is uploaded.
• Taking responsibility for own personal development, in line with agreed annual performance objectives.
• To provide expenditure invoices to the Commercial Manager monthly.
• To collate and issue various reports relating to Commercial.
• To complete and update the commercial inbox folder as and when required.
What you need to succeed:
• Experience working within a similar role or environment
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt language to suit target audience as necessary
• Proactive administrative and organisational
• Understanding of business goals and strategy
• Flexible, thorough and able to work to tight deadlines
• Able to take on responsibility and make informed decisions
• Responsible and reliable
• Excellent IT skills.
• Excellent commercial awareness and understanding of project/site needs
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects in a stimulating and dynamic environment where each day brings new challenges.
A competitive salary & package is also on offer for the right candidate.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success so if you’re committed, talented and enthusiastic, then GKR Scaffolding is the right place for you.
Direct applications only to [email protected]
We will not be accepting telephone applications or agency applicants.