Working for a large established industrial agriculture and plant factory you will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and forward-thinking team.
Purpose of Role:
Reporting to the QA Manager you will be reviewing products against quality specifications, recording details either manually or on handheld scanners and taking samples of produce.
Key responsibilities include:
• Review produce against quality specifications and take samples of all incoming produce
• Check and record transport conditions and report any non-compliance issues
• Assess the weights, colours and defects of produce to ensure that produce is within specification and that the physical condition of pallets is acceptable
• Assess problems which will require further attention and reject unacceptable/unworkable goods at point of arrival
• Provide detailed information as to cases checked and defect levels reported (where applicable)
• Provide advice as required to the production team in order to ensure that Customer Specification is met in full
• Liaise with QA and Production Management teams on a daily basis with regards to final product quality and where corrective actions are necessary to improve future production
• Assist in preparation of site, staff and systems for audits and visits
• Carry out final sense check of pallets built to depot by the out-loading team to ensure service levels are met
• Check the quality of all shelf-life samples
• Check and record changes to weight, colour and condition, recording details on the database and report any quality related matters
• The completion of compliance checks such as Glass Control, Sensor Checks and Equipment Calibrations
• Input of data into systems such as the In-loading Database
The successful applicant will be expected to display the following skills and attributes:
• Ideally, at least one year’s prior experience within a quality related function in fresh produce.
• Ability to write clear and concise reports.
• A high level of attention to detail and organisational skills
• The ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced environment
• A team player with a flexible approach
Remuneration & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Excellent holiday entitlement
• The opportunity to work for a great forward thinking, progressive organisation
Only suitable candidates will be directly contacted about this position and we will not store or process the data of candidates in any way unless consent has been obtained.