A market leading manufacturing organisation, operating across 100 countries worldwide. Through product innovation and operational excellence, they continue to expand and increase their market share worldwide.
To Provide 1st Level systems support, maintenance and administration within the organisation’s computing environment. Performs onsite and remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex problems for end users. Recommends and implements corrective solutions. To Installs, configures tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots end-user related hardware and software (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in order to meet or exceed published SLA’s; with effective management of the customer relationship during the entire support process To Administers enterprise class tools such as SCCM to analyse the enterprise computing environment, and for the development and planning of automated maintenance activities against security and compliance best practices.
Candidates must possess experience of undertaking a similar position, with a similar size organisation. Excellent technical knowledge of PC desktop hardware and software, including MS Windows 7, MS Office suites and related products (Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, Power Point, Project, etc), web browsers, and utility applications such as anti-virus, file management, desktop deployment and backup software. A very good working knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards and outstanding Customer Service skills
Key Areas of responsibility
• Follow the service desk management process. Ensure all incidents and requests from customers are recorded and updated within the service desk system. Escalate support calls in accordance with IT procedures.
• Receive and responds to incoming calls, Service Desk tickets, and/or e-mails regarding IT support.
• Performs moves, adds, and changes (MAC) requests as they are submitted.
• Enforces the security policies of the organization and follows Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) IT process.
• Communicates, shares problems and resolutions, and works with the other IT verticals in order to effectively deliver IT services
• Performs onsite and remote analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex problems for end users, internal systems and hardware. Recommends and implements corrective solutions.
• Installs, configures tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots end-user related hardware and software (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in order to meet or exceed published SLA’s; with effective management of the customer relationship during the entire support process
• Global active directory services and related components
• Aid in the support of Microsoft systems including Server OS, SCCM, ADS, Exchange, SQL, and the associated applications they support.
• Administers maintenance and installation of equipment and system/application software upgrades.
• Support file structures and user access to all user data.
• Daily support of highly virtualized global environment through the use of VMware, VSphere and Citrix environments, as well as associated replication technologies.
• Write technical specifications for hardware/software configurations, installations and deployments and update within the knowledge database.
• Constantly assess the need for and implements performance upgrades to all related end user hardware
• Collaborates with Server Storage Group and Network Groups to ensure efficient operation of the company’s desktop computing environment.
• Prepares tests and applications for monitoring desktop performance, and provides performance statistics/ reports.
• Maintains and builds professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and training events, by subscribing to and reading trade periodicals and by reading applicable technical manuals, books and guides.
• Daily interaction and collaboration with other technology verticals regarding project planning, troubleshooting initiatives, and day to day operations.
• Develops and maintains an inventory of all computer related hardware.
• Accurately documents instances of desktop equipment or component failure, installation, and removal and update within the knowledge database.
• Liaise with third-party support and vendors.
• Manage local telecommunications requirements and agreements.
• Maintains regular office hours and reliable attendance. Provides support during regular office hours and is able to respond to urgent matters and planned events after hours when needed.
• Participates in the out of hours support call rotation.
• Supporting local systems
• Possible travel to other locations within or outside of primary country of employment
• Performs other related duties as assigned.