We are looking for someone interested in working in the online fashion retail sector, with a desire to do great work, and a portfolio demonstrating a passion for digital design and strong conceptual skills.
You will either have a degree or equivalent qualification in a design and 2+ years commercial experience working for an agency or in-house.
As Mid-Weight Creative Designer, your primary focus will be on Campaigns and Marketing materials for Childrensalon and Brands. Working closely with Editorial, Acquisition and UX teams, you will be responsible for conceptualising campaigns and preparing pitches all the way through to final product. You will also be a champion for Childrensalon and it’s brands, creating, developing and ensuring brand consistency is met across all channels.
You will also need to demonstrate good attention to detail and a clear understanding of the fundamentals behind effective UI design (and the desire to try new things and experiment).
Working to tight deadlines, you will need to be a confident communicator, both verbally and visually and have a passion for learning new ways to improve what you do.
- Delivery of campaigns for Childrensalon and other brands
- Research brands and understand positioning, building knowledge how to effectively communicate them within advertising campaigns and on
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to development
- Mobile first approach to campaigns
- Create solutions to support Childrensalon PR and Marketing activities that adhere to the Childrensalon guidelines
- Working closely with stylists and photographers, providing shot lists.
- Attend marketing days at brands to get a solid understanding of the seasonal stories
- Be a brand ambassador for the business
To be successful you will need to:
- Strong conceptual skills and brimming with ideas
- Solid experience working on campaigns
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong on/offline design knowledge
- Knowledge and experience in creating and developing new brands
- Experience concepting video
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Knowledge of responsive design principles
- Proficient in Adobe CC
- Solid Experience in ecommerce
- User Centred design with strong UX
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Experience with animation and motion graphics highly regarded
- Paper prototyping means something to you
- Ability to effectively and clearly present and communicate ideas
- Be highly organised, flexible and be able to prioritise tasks
- Have enthusiasm, energy and determination to achieve results
- Be able to work autonomously while dealing with a heavy workload
- Friendly and approachable for other team members, always offering advice and assistance where possible
- Show a positive and can-do attitude, ability to collaborate and work with others in a constructive way
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience working with fashion and luxury brands highly regarded
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with all members within the department and wider business
Childrensalon is an award winning, forward-thinking company, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon has grown to become one of the most respected retailers in children’s luxury fashion and a market leading presence. The company now boasts an international customer base across 80 countries and 60% year on year growth.
Childrensalon offers excellent customer service and champions both new and renowned designers, stocking the broadest range of designer children's brands online.
We have an inclusive and supportive company culture, and believe in getting the right fit when it comes to people joining the company. We place a high value on people and believe we can offer a fun and friendly environment to work in, as well as a great place to learn and develop.
Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount. We are ranked #34 on the 2019 Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For list and proud to be a member of the Living Wage Foundation.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
See the website at: http://childrensalon.com and IOS app
If you are interested please apply to [email protected] with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us.