We are currently working with an expanding and innovative International Energy / Utilities business who are looking to appoint a Group Financial Reporting Manager into a newly created position. This role will be based from home with regular travel to two UK & one European site for two day stints once a month each. Reporting to the Head of Finance you will be responsible for:
- Implement new accounting guidelines and rules based on Group Standards proactively in both Accounting Standards (IFRS) and define related processes in the day-to-day business
- Optimise, organise and co-ordinate, month/quarter and year-end closing for the Business Unit
- Maintain consistent accounting structures, e.g. Chart of Accounts, in the Business Unit taking into account Group and Sub-Group requirements
- Prepare and analyse monthly accounts and reporting packages for the Head of Finance and Group Reporting in IFRS
- Supervise tax matters supported by an accounting services provider
- Participate in any projects in an emerging UK market with widening accounting requirements incl. introduction of ERP systems
- Support Head of Finance with maintaining Internal Control System for the Business Unit
- Monitor cash flows and provide cash forecasting for the Business Unit
- Support with accounting expertise for Budgeting, Forecasting and specific business cases
The company have ambitious growth plans to double in size in the next six years and the role will take on two direct reports in time. There is the opportunity for career progression.
The successful candidate will be ACA Qualified with recent IFRS knowledge and excellent system skills.
It would be a distinct advantage if you spoke German or had SAP experience
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.