Assistant Management Accountant - 6 Month Contract (Possibility of going permanent)
Hours: Monday-Friday 9am -5pm
My client is a leading and expanding insurance group who are renowned for their staff reward and recognition and are in The Times Top 30 Big Companies to work for. They are currently recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant to join their busy Finance department.
You will support the Management Accountant(s) and provides support in all areas of the Management Accounts.
* Assist the Management Accountant with the provision of financial reporting and information to senior management team and the board of directors;
* Account reconciliations and posting corrections by journals as required;
* Accounting for monthly payroll transactions;
* Raising sales and recharge invoices;
* Draft quarterly VAT returns using the accounts software;
* Dealing with external auditors;
* Assisting with the developing and maintenance of systems to improve financial reporting;
* Where applicable, to adhere to Company processes with regard to FCA compliance and Treating Customers Fairly;
* Where applicable, to ensure that DPA, FCA, TCF and other regulatory requirements are met;
* Assisting the efficiency of the department by covering for fellow assistant management accountants as required and performing other duties and projects appropriate to the role and grade.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
* Previous experience working in an all-round Accounts Assistant role.
* Strong reconciliation experience.
* An aptitude for detailed figure work along the ability to work to a high level of accuracy and pay close attention to detail;
* The ability to master and develop new concepts quickly; a high level of initiative as well as administrative and organisational ability;
* Excellent IS/IT skills including experience of Sage 50 accounts and Microsoft Office, especially Excel skills including the use of advanced Excel functions.
* Proven problem solving and analytical skills;
* Tact, discretion and the ability to work quickly under pressure maintaining a high level of accuracy and detail;
* Strong communication skills;
* The ability to work as part of a dedicated team
General understanding of Insurance industry (Ideal, not essential)