Vanquis is the largest dedicated specialist ‘low and grow’ credit card issuer in the UK. We serve customers who are sometimes excluded by the bigger high street banks, which makes us unique. We try to improve the finances of our customers and in improving this we put them on a journey to potentially better lives. Since 2002 we’ve grown from a business run by only two people, to a thriving bank with over 1,600 colleagues in three locations across the UK – Chatham, Bradford and London.
We’ve achieved some amazing results and are proud of how we’ve helped over 4 million customers since 2002,
Your Team and Role
Operations team continually challenge themselves and demand more for our colleagues and customers. Responsible for making your department better, you’ll deliver real and measurable gains through small wins and strategic transformation. Everything you do will be based on your understanding of our customers, colleagues, processes and technology. You’ll use data and insight to inform your decision making. You’ll be the one spotting the problem, before the problem exists. Your responsibilities will include:
• Through regular observation of the department and evaluation of our colleagues’ performance you’ll design and implement coaching and development activities which enhance the capabilities of our colleagues, the performance of your department and help to recognise future talent
• Work collaboratively with our Quality and Root Cause Analysis teams to continually drive change and insight
• Be accountable for our new colleagues’ induction content and academy, ensuring up to speed times and key quality metrics are maintained and improved where possible
• Delivery of bespoke programmes that drive towards better customer outcomes through call calibration and the development of bite size training materials including presentations, script enhancements, role plays and case studies
Will you thrive?
We’re looking for a skilled professional ideally from an Operations background who is interested in working in a dynamic and fast paced team. There will be an opportunity to apply your strong communication skills and you’ll be someone interested in driving a culture of continual improvement. To be successful in this role you will specifically possess
• Proven experience in an operational role measuring and improving performance
• Experience in coaching and developing teams within large functional areas (Circa 100+ FTE), demonstrating how this has impacted positively on business results
• Someone who can confidently engage with key stakeholders including our Senior Leadership team to articulate the developmental needs within the department
• Proven ability in working under pressure to tight deadlines
• Customer focussed with a commercial mind-set
What’s in it for you?
• Because our people do such a great job, we’ve put together an attractive, competitive salary and benefits package for everyone including; generous holiday entitlement; participation in a discretionary bonus scheme, pension scheme; Share purchase plans, private medical cover plus many more
• Opportunity. You’ll be part of a dedicated management team offering both career development and advancement
• There are numerous social and sporting occasions at Vanquis and we also offer volunteering and fundraising opportunities through our Active Community programme. You can find out more about what it’s like to work at Vanquis from our Instagram page.