Childrensalon is an award-winning independent internet retailer for children’s designer clothing and gifts. Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon has grown to become one of the most respected international retailers in children’s luxury fashion and we pride ourselves on being specialists in childrenswear, customer experience and ecommerce. Please see our website at www.childrensalon.com for more information.
We are now recruiting an Accounts Assistant (Purchase Ledger). We are looking for an enthusiastic and professional individual to support our Finance Department. The ideal candidate should have good oral and written communication as well as time management and organisation skills and will be able to work well in a fast-paced environment. Being computer literate and having experience in using MS Office applications, especially Excel is important.
• Match inventory supplier invoices to goods receipts. Where they do not match, follow up with Merchandising and suppliers to resolve the difference in a timely manner.
• Ensure other supplier invoices are correctly processed and accounted for in a timely manner.
• Scanning and filing of invoices as required.
• Reconcile supplier statements.
• Assist in weekly payment runs and send out remittance advices.
• Open and sort mail.
• Answer queries from internal and external contacts.
• Adhoc projects as required.
Skills and Experience:
• Ability to work at speed and with accuracy.
• Good level of written and spoken English, able to work with senior managers and suppliers.
• Strong Excel skills.
• Ability to be flexible.
• Experience of using SAP and matching invoices to purchase orders an advantage.
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested, please apply to [email protected] with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us.