We are looking for a confident and friendly designer to become a part of our team. A positive can-do approach is a must as is a sense of humour and ability to roll with the punches. Working within our large in-house team and ambitious project plan there is vast opportunities to grow yourself as a designer.
• Managing your own tasks.
• Helping the team deliver other UI design Projects.
• Collaborating with other teams (Editorial, Copy, UX, Projects etc.)
• Planning timelines.
• Running white wall and brainstorm sessions, documentation.
• Reporting on projects and process.
• Presenting and defending ideas.
• Giving and directing feedback
• Take a user first approach, so that designs actively serve users on every device.
• Take the brief as a minimum and always try to improve design.
• Enhance designs with animation, to bring slick interactions to the screen along all user journeys.
• Own and manage designs throughout their lifecycle, pairing with developers to transform wireframes and prototypes into functioning
• Your final designs, must be optimised at every point, from micro interactions to large scale features.
• Manage projects, and support team members on the delivery of their projects.
• A true passion for all things digital, self motivated, organised and accountable
• Strong understanding of core design skills; typography, colour and layout.
• Expert knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, and other prototyping software.
• An Art or Design based honours degree or equivalent
• Strong experience in designing transactional journeys
• Excellent communication skills and ability to rationalise design decisions with stakeholders and non-technical colleagues.
• Enthusiasm to learn new design technologies and methodologies.
Must haves for your application:
• A current and engaging CV
• A Portfolio, showcasing well presented and thought out case studies showcasing complex projects and prototypes that you have been heavily
involved with, along with annotation for both web and mobile project.
Childrensalon is an award winning, forward-thinking company, specializing in dressing children beautifully.
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon has grown to become one of the most respected retailers in children’s luxury fashion and a market leading presence. The company now boasts an international customer base across 80 countries and 60% year on year growth.
Childrensalon offers excellent customer service and champions both new and renowned designers, stocking the broadest range of designer children's brands online.
We have an inclusive and supportive company culture, and believe in getting the right fit when it comes to people joining the company. We place a high value on people and believe we can offer a fun and friendly environment to work in, as well as a great place to learn and develop.
See the website at: http://childrensalon.com and IOS app
Childrensalon is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or team member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
If you are interested please apply via the apply online button with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us.